Conan Exiles' Early Access period on Steam starts in the U.S. on January 30th at 9 p.m. Pacific. In anticipation of the survival title's journey toward a full release, developer Funcom has detailed a Barbarian edition for Early Access.
The regular Early Access for the title is $29.99, while the Barbarian Edition is $59.99 [Note: As Steam itself makes clear, Early Access titles are not final releases, aren't full featured, and may never make it to a final release – ed.].
The game is also scheduled for the Xbox One preview program in the spring, and PS4 at a "later date."
Here's the current listing from Funcom (text from Funcom, all items except the T-shirt are digital)
- Custom Conan Exiles digital comic book
- Exclusive Conan Exiles t-shirt
- Six digital Conan the Avenger comic books from Dark Horse Comics
- 368-page, full-color, digital Conan Pen & Paper RPG Core Book from the hugely successful Kickstarter by Modiphius
- "The Coming of Conan" eBook, 496 pages with illustrations and original Conan stories
- The award-winning soundtracks from Age of Conan and Rise of the Godslayer, plus the brand new Conan Exiles soundtracks
- In-game items for the Age of Conan MMO including a Savage Rhino mount
- "The Art of Conan Exiles" digital artbook
- And more
[Source: Conan Exiles]
With the game in Early Access, selling a special edition for a title that's not in a finished state and has no guarantee of a final release seems a little odd to me. Add on the fact that the currently listed contents don't include any in-game items – although "more" could entail some good stuff, and it feels like the Special Edition is more a cleaning out of Funcom's digital swag closet than celebration of the game itself.